All in All            ©William T. Orr, Jr.                     5/2/2023

 

All in all, I can't complain, but that don't mean I won't.

There's things that sometimes go my way and other things that don't.

The days, they say, go up and down, and ‘round and ‘round the years.

And sometimes it’s a damned hard thing to recognize my fears.

 

Some days I feel like getting up; some days I just feel down

I get up just the same and try to turn it all around

Some days I try to find a way to bring some change about,

To find some magic potion that make it all work out.

 

It’s hard to see that this wide world once seemed a simple place

And now it seems the whole damn thing is one great big disgrace.

From what I see, the thing to do is avoid the line of fire

And stay away from people who are sure to raise my ire.

 

The wolf will howl, the snake will crawl, the owl hunts all night long

You’ve got sense and you know what is right and what is wrong

So, keep your head down, mind your business, don’t go in the ‘fray

Save your money, stand your ground, and stay out of the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Stories: a Christian Bible and a Jewish Magazine that Make for Bad Religion

Who Wrote the Bible Anyway?